Search This Blog

Monday, October 26, 2009

"Who Are You"

Who am I…..? Hmmn.

-I… was so cold, because I always wore my heart on my sleeve.

The temperature of my emotions was the lowest degree.

I never knew the truth, so I try so hard to deceive.

It was difficult to conceive, so I just couldn’t believe.

-I… thought any sign of love was for the weak-hearted.

And taking a break was for the dearly departed.

I closed my ears up because I heard too many voices.

Telling me the statistics but not given me any choices.

-But, I always seemed to get back up, like Folgers was in my cup.

Wake up to an icy world, and I guess I was the puck.

Constantly hit back and forth, never stable but never tremble.

I now assemble my life back together, so thankful…

-That I haven’t yet received that dreadful kiss of death.

God made my life right, even though everyone left.

He lifted me up, so I looked down at the sky.

Carried me in his arms, when my spirit was too tired…

-I… was once caged up, but never actually confined.

My internal prison had to open up some time.

Now I pray for people who take pleasure in others pain.

I paint a perfect picture dripping passion on the frame.

-Novocain in my blood, I wasn’t trying feel the pain.

Of the shame that came from growing up out the grain.

I couldn’t really explain, didn’t know who to blame.

But on them crazy nights, I… was awake and sane….

-So please don’t mind me, I am just thinking out loud.

Words screaming off the scroll of my soul, so proud.

With a sound so precise that it surely signals the crowd.

To salute the sacrificed spirits that they have found.

-From the ground to the sky, and everything in between.

I get into the seams of injustice and decree.

That to heal, we must 1st stop the bleeding that’s infected.

We can’t stand strong as a people with a leg that’s prosthetic…

I… Invest my time and trust into the stock of those,

That put everything they have into the life that God has chose.

For them to do and always remember to open your nose.

Never worry about the thorns because you’re trying to smell the rose…….. So Who are you…?


By: Jay Oriola…

No comments: