Search This Blog

Friday, December 4, 2009

Window

When I look outside the window,
by happenstance I notice it 's raining
almost as if the world around me notices
the gray skies that compromise the here
and there we have between us,
floating away with the promising day
when your eyes open to a void
and my heart soars to yours...
only to be pushed away by the fickle winds
that change the course of our emotional
walls once again it seems that you've lost
yourself to essence of who I am;
however, I still see the slits of sunshine
moving through these clouds that stay,
reminding myself with the gentlest
whispers of your voice hidden
within the wind that I am yours,
and equivocally the same holds true
in the heart you wish didn't beat a name,
didn't see a face, and time and time again
I wait for the world to say hey, “you're ok,”
but those are dreams for another day...
sometimes the rain smears against the window
and yet, I still breathe the moments when you
could want to exist beside me,
rather than against me...
but I'll stand beside you,
because sometimes love comes up inside you,
get behind you, and you know the rest of the song
you helped write in my heart,
heard or learned from another beat outside;
I'm patiently waiting for the day you “say ok.”

by: Merciful Dark Heart; TN.

No comments: